March 2, 2009

Anne's Training Journal: Week 5

Anne lives in Missoula, Montana, and is training for the Grizzly Triathlon in April. Believing that she is not the typical triathlete, (age 49 and not a regular competitor) Anne feels that if she can pull this off, anybody can. This is her training journal:

This has been a tough week. Last weekend we did our time trials, which left me very tired. So I took Monday and Tuesday off. I had a compressed week since I was leaving home on Friday to travel to a conference. Despite the time constraints, I was committed to getting some exercise. I biked on Thursday night between 9 and 10 pm on the trainer in my family room while I watched ER. After that I finished packing. While I was in Denver for my conference, I used the workout room at the hotel. It was a nice facility.
I skipped the social hour to get in a work out.

I am getting into the habit of working out again, but it's still not easy. There are a lot of days and nights that I would rather just go home and read a book or watch TV. I do take one day a week off completely.

This week I'm skiing in Colorado. I don't expect to get too much running, biking or swimming in. I haven't been downhill skiing in years, and I'm hoping that it all comes back to me. I grew up in Colorado so I skied quite a bit when I was younger, but I haven't done it in many years. My
newly developed leg muscles should help a lot.

No comments: