August 7, 2008

Get a Passport Card for Your Wallet

NEW!! In 2008, the government started producing a passport CARD that will fit in your wallet. The card will help at land and sea ports when entering from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. However, the card can’t be used for air travel. If you already have a passport you can apply for the card as a renewal and pay $30. If you don’t have a passport, a card will cost you $55 if you’re an adult and $40 for your children.

NOTE: As of June 1, 2009 you’ll need a passport or a passport card for border crossings into Canada and Mexico.

Updated 1/18/2012

No comments: