July 8, 2009

Obama's Summer Challenge

President Obama wants YOU to get involved! He has formally challenged all of us to spend the summer, June 22 to September 11, helping others and strengthening our country.

United We Serve, the official site for the summer volunteer challenge, promises to make it easy for you to lend a hand in the areas of education, health, energy & the environment, and community renewal. United We Serve will help you register your service project as well.

To get started, click here and visit United We Serve. Enter key words about the type of activity you are interested in or just type in your zip code. After entering my zip code, I had more options than I thought possible. Happily, I was able to narrow the selection by indicating "when" I want to work.

Are you ready for a challenge?

No comments: