May 29, 2009

This Weekend: Spicy Ice Cream!

Ever since seeing Chocolat, I've had a passion for adding a little heat to anything sweet (no, that's not a reference to Johnny Depp). I've included smoked ancho chili powder in my chocolate biscotti recipe, I added a dash of cayenne to hot chocolate. Both were delicious!

So, naturally, I was intrigued by a post on SeriousEats about spicy ice cream. If you're up for a little food fun this weekend, why not try a scoop of your favorite cold dessert with dash of fire: chocolate with cinnamon & cayenne or maybe watermelon-jalapeno?

Click here to read the article. Click here for SeriousEats' recipe for Cinnamon-Cayenne Ice Cream. Yummmm!



Image credit: RED CHILI PEPPERS
© Vertes Edmond Mihai | Dreamstime.com

1 comment:

Gaelyn said...

I kind of hate to taint my chocolate, but just a touch of chili doesn't hurt. In fact I've never eaten better chocolate than in Mexico. And I love to sprnkle chili on my fruit.