August 21, 2008

Adventurous Woman: Anchor Leaves News Desk to Follow Her Dream

Kathy says goodbye to follow her dream
Local news anchor going to Indonesia to help Red Cross


Posted By Ben Benedict on TheLondoner.ca

Kathy Mueller, following her own destiny, wrapped up 20 years in media this week to take the long walk to the other side of the table. She’s off to Banda Aceh, Indonesia where the 2004 tsunami hit hardest to work with the Red Cross as an information and community outreach delegate...

...Upon completing her five-year anchor commitment last fall she made the final decision to get into humanitarian aid and began making phone calls that got the people’s attention in Ottawa. She began studying French and took a course in international humanitarian law.

“I was doing what I could to be involved. I also applied to do a basic training course and the person in Indonesia at that time decided to go back to school. I’m not running off to save the world. It’s something that’s been stewing in my mind for a few years and it seems like the right time. I’ve gone as far as I can here and its time for a new challenge.”

Read the full story here.

No comments: