January 28, 2012

Monster Trucks

Advance Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam in DC's Verizon Center

Mike (my husband): So, did you and the girls enjoy the Monster Truck Jam?

Me: WHAT?

Mike: I said, how was the Monster Truck Jam?

Me: YES, WE MADE IT ON TIME.  IT WAS A LOT MORE FUN THAN I EXPECTED!

Mike: I get the impression it was loud?

Me: THERE WERE SIX ENORMOUS TRUCKS AND EACH ONE HAD TIRES TALLER THAN ME. ALL OF THEM HAD THEMES LIKE BATMAN OR MONSTER MUTT OR ILLUMINATOR -- ILLUMINATOR'S CAR LIT UP.

Mike: Can you hear me?

Me: THEY STARTED OUT WITH A WHEELIE COMPETITION AND ONE OF THEM ALMOST FLIPPED OVER -- IT WAS EXCITING! THAT WAS FOLLOWED BY A FEW "RACES" THAT INCLUDED A JUMP. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH AIR SOME OF THESE THINGS GET!

Mike: I guess we won't be going to a movie this evening.

Me: THE TRUCK JAM FINISHED WITH A FREE-STYLE COMPETITION.  IN BETWEEN, THEY HAD AN ATV RACE PITTING A MEN'S TEAM AGAINST A WOMEN'S TEAM, THEY ALSO HAD A "BATTLE" BETWEEN TRANSFORMER TRUCKS.  I'M TELLING YOU, IT WAS REALLY A LOT OF FUN!

Mike: Maybe I'll go with you next time.

Me: YOU SHOULD GO WITH US NEXT TIME. BUT WE'LL NEED TO TAKE EAR PLUGS. WE SAT IN THE HIGHEST SECTION OF THE ARENA AND IT WAS STILL SHOCKINGLY LOUD!

Advance Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam is coming to a city near you!  Click here for their schedule. 



2 comments:

bed and breakfast luray said...

I really like these games. Monster trucks show is an awesome and adventurous.

Anonymous said...

lol, last time we took the kids to a monster truck show it was in a small arena and we were in front row. Luckily they were selling industrial style ear muffs at the t-shirt/toy booth. After we purchased a couple pairs it was quite enjoyable. My wife has planned for us to go back next year